Friday, September 24, 2010

NEVER BE TIRED OF BEING GOOD

I wanted to share a verse that has recently come to my attention and that gives me a lot of hope and motivation.  It's Alma 37:34 in the Book of Mormon and it reads,  "Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find rest to their souls."

That really hit me because I think a lot of times we get tired of trying to do and be good. We are nice and try to do what we can to be good, upright people, but sometimes it seems like it's not really making any difference.  We're kind and others don't seem to recognize it and it can be frustrating.  But this verse lets me know that doing good is never a bad thing and that there will always be peace and strength that come from doing what we know we should.  And in the end we will receive the rewards and blessings that come from our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment