Monday, November 1, 2010

JUDGING OTHERS

I find that I look at other people and judge them for things that they do or don't do way more often than I should.  I think it's fairly natural for us to compare ourselves to others and judge them when we do so.  There is something in the natural man that makes us want to be better than other people or point out their faults.  In the Doctrine and Covenants Section 64 verses nine-eleven it says, "Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin. I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.  And ye ought to say in your hearts-let God judge between me and thee, and reward thee according to thy deeds."  I think being able to keep ourselves free from judging others and viewing them as God would is one of the most difficult things to master in this life.  But when I have been able to do it, I have found it to be very beneficial.  It sets us free from all the worry and anger we end up with when we are always judging others and worrying about what they are doing.  It's always going to be hard, but it will always be worth it to learn to better control ourselves and be at peace with what God has for each of his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment